• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540i Printing Short

USA_SIGN

Recently my roland has started printing about 1" short on an 8' print. so I get 95" instead of 96". I do some precision jobs so this makes it very hard to be accurate. TWhis has only started recently but I cant seem to find anyone with an answer including their techs. No warranty left so begging for help!

Hey USA_SIGN,

We assume you're using the Roland VersaWorks RIP software for printing your jobs. If this is true, the following info should help.

The VersaWorks "Feed Calibration Control" feature may be the source of all the distance feed troubles you're experiencing. Please ensure the printer's feed calibration is performed properly before continuing (refer to the printer's user manual for more details).

Now, be aware that the calibrations will be ignored if the Feed Calibration Control is set to "Use Default Media Settings" in VersaWorks. You're going to change the value to "Use Printer Settings" and that should solve this problem.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn