• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540v Printing Issue

snakeriver

Some time ago, I had an issue where prints of various types were getting some odd linear discoloration in them. It seems to come and go, with no particular pattern. Print heads are clean, clean media, fresh ink, etc. Using a generic Roland banner profile. I've contacted Roland technical support, with little to no help. I'm hoping that someone here has experienced this, or otherwise has a remedy.

Thoughts?

Pictures for reference:
full

full

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The first things that come to mind are buckling in the media during printing, bad material, and/or dirty encoder strip. For buckling just turn the heat down and up the vacuum if possible. You may need new pinch rollers if the buckling doesn't go away. Also make sure you are loading the media in as straight as possible. If this is cheap banner from China, you will always get bad rolls here and there. Even name brands run into issues once in a while. Check your encoder strip and clean with lint free cloth and rubbing alcohol. Ink splatter, dust, grease and other debris will collect and cause similar issues.​

rjssigns

I have a bad roll of banner material right now. If I don't wipe it thouroughly with 90% IPA I get all kinds of weird stuff in the print.

timkaz227

In the first pic, are the "streaks" going across the print? I was having a similar issue and new dampers have taken care the "ink starvation". I have also had it caused by not unrolling the media in the back. If the roll was real heavy the feed motor was having an issue advancing casing a similar pattern..