• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp 540v question Please Help!!!

tradeup

First off just bought this printer last week. Never had any wide format experience. Found this forum and it has been great help to lots of my questions.

My problem is and it may not be a problem at all but it is annoying me.

When I print something it looks good from far away couple inches away.. But when I look up close I can see dots in every color but black.

Is this suppose to be this way??? Are these printers just made to look good from a distance.

I just printed off some decals that will be applied as a laptop skin for a friend and I have bragged and bragged on my new equipment and just do not think the quality is up to par.

I designed in Coreldraw, Exported EPS to Versaworks and I am using the correct media profile from orajet website.

Have tried just about everything adjusted DPI print at highest resolution. Now starting to think I may need a different style printer for high resolution

Not quite sure how to explain it but that all colors except for black are not coming out solid. hope that helps

Any thoughts would be appreciated. True Newbee here!

Last edited:

tradeup

Oh yeah,, My test prints are near perfect. and I have Done the bi-directional adjustments and have also tried printing in just uni-directional mode but still dotted images.

Cyw

You're prints should look fine close up........even with a magnifying glass, they should look great.
Post a picture of your nozzle check and a sample of the 'dots' you're getting

Something is obviously wrong

phototec

You're prints should look fine close up........even with a magnifying glass, they should look great.
Post a picture of your nozzle check and a sample of the 'dots' you're getting

Something is obviously wrong

Maybe that's why they sold the printer?

Did you have the seller print you some samples before you purchased the printer?

How did the samples look?

:omg:

tradeup

The guy whom I purchased was an old boss of mine and it was hell talking him into selling it to me think it may be user error I am going to take some pics in a bit. Thanks for replying I thought it should look crisp!!!

tradeup

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

not sure if you can tell but on the pilson auto logo its really dotted. Even what is suppose to be red has black dots in it...

Just typed in High resolution image and downloaded a pic of a parrot and it turned out beautifully when printed. Just imported Jpeg into versaworks and it turned out great..

Seems to have the problem somewhere in Coreldraw maybe with vector images.

Last edited by a moderator:

tradeup

Just changed media from The orajet to briteline 3200 series.. Still the same problem can't seem to find any briteline profiles online.

tradeup

DSC_0073.jpg

Here is a better pic of an image I just printed

and this is how I exported it from coreldraw

gggg.jpg

Last edited:

tradeup

tried almost every profile in VW still same problem. Also tried max impact as well as sign & display still nothing but a bunch of wasted media.

tradeup

Tried the roland colors in Coreldraw same issues.

The best I can describe this is that it is producing half tones because that is what it looks like...

It is mostly visible in light colors.. Black and dark blue show no signs of this but I lighten the blue and bam its there. Yellow shows tons of minute black dots and makes it look kind of muddy even from a distance.

I have printed with absolutely every setting possible and still same results..

Think I may need new printheads?:banghead:

below is a pic of the yellow and red I printed

DSC_0076.jpg

To all that have tried to help I really appreciate it and will be sure to make a contribution to this great site!!!

Gabriel

Head alignment might be the issue. Also, for blurry prints, you can consider in cleaning the encoder strip.