• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V??

Express Sign

HI All

We are thinking about purchasing the Roland SP-540v any suggestions or comments as to what is a good price to pay with installation and training or items we should look into before we sign away on the dotted line?

Are there other comparable printers that any of you could suggest to us? This will be the first digital printer we will have in our shop and looks to do what we will need it but I would hate to find out in a year we need something new. We want to grow the business and hopefully this printer will allow us.

RIght now we have a dealer offering 4 hrs training/install along with a set of inks for $16,300.00 is there anything additional we should be asking for?

Thanks

kris

threeputt

That's a better price than we got 1-1/2 years ago, because the new faster machines by Roland hadn't yet come out. If this machine is new, Roland will send along a "media kit" consisting of some media you can practice printing on. It's not much.

I also got the inks, but the training certainly wasn't much. Unless your guy is/was better than our setup guy, you'll learn most of the stuff after he's gone. But the SP540V is a good machine.

Lots of guys here have one. Don't forget to get a decent laminator.

BobbyFosson

Need media and I would recommend a Roland Cleaning kit (more swabs and 4 ounce cleaner) about $30

I usually like to include an additional blade or two as well.

You have a network in place ?
Have a cat5 patch cable to connect to your printer and network?

Otherwise, good price in my opinion.

Express Sign

Lots of guys here have one. Don't forget to get a decent laminator.[/quote]

Thanks for the info!! what type of laminator do you recommend?

:thankyou:

threeputt

We like our Arctic Titan by GBC. But there's a lot of people making these machines, just like the printers. Be prepared to spend some dough, though.

mystysue

a wide roll of white oracal.. .. is what ya need..
Sounds like ya got a pretty good deal..
The guy that trained us was super dupper.. I can still call him and find out anything i need to know.. And He has stopped by before to see how things are going.. ..
Enjoy your machine.. i love mine

jagsouthern

I bought the 540V from a dealer about 2 months ago for $16,500. We did the setup ourselves and bought ink. Your deal is much better. Jump on that one. Dealer is likely just trying to clear out his inventory to make way for the faster unit. You can print banner quality at 114 s/f per hour so unless you have a lot of printing to do this should last you a few years before speed catches up with you.

signs2trade

114 sq ft. per hour.....are you sure about that.....i traded my sp 540 for the xc 540 because it took me 45 minutes to print a 4x8 banner..

Mason

114 sq ft. per hour.....are you sure about that.....i traded my sp 540 for the xc 540 because it took me 45 minutes to print a 4x8 banner..
Youre running at standard speed or high quality, you should run that at high speed..

sign guy 52

I'm another new guy with a sp540v, and I'm with I-45 on the 45 min. 4x8 banner. Mason, tell me about that high-speed, I cant seem to find it! thanks.

cdiesel

You might consider..

the XC-540. It's a few more bucks, but we sold our sp-300 and got the xc-540, and WHAT a difference! Kills it in speed and quality. Not sure if the 540v has the take up reel or not, but that's a MUST. No more babysitting the printer.

Other than that, your price is good.