• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP300i Manual Cleaning

Eric Lemay

Hello all !

Wish I can find my answer here.

So I bought a second hand Roland SP300i. When I received it at home, I called a technician to get some lessons and to repair what needed to be. Since, the printer works fine and I made a couple of jobs.

But today I decided to do a manual cleaning. Really simple, the technician showed me how, where to sponge etc. . I even watched videos and read the manual before I started.

So here we go. I removed the media. I opened the front cover. I went to Maintenance/Sub Menu/Cleaning and pressed enter. Then I received the message "Open Maintenance Cover" . Fine ! I removed the 2 screws of the maintenance cover and I closed the front cover. Then, I press Enter, the head was supposed to move to the extreme left but, nothing ! The print head won't go over the removed maintenance cover, so I can not clean it. What is the problem ? Why in all videos, the head is moving and on my roland, it won't ?

I'm really confused, it was supposed to be realllly simple and now I just can't clean the head.

Solutions ?

Thanks !

7_nebo_7

Any messages appears on the control panel? It could be sensor not triggering. Try to remove media and put lever down and repeat procedure.

kanini

Is your right cover now open as well? Check that it is in place and do not open any cover before selecting Cleaning in the menu and then follow the instructions. If no go, switch off main power from the main switch, not just the front power button, wait 10-15 seconds and restart and try the cleaning procedure again when machine has initialized.

Eric Lemay

Any messages appears on the control panel? It could be sensor not triggering. Try to remove media and put lever down and repeat procedure.

The message stay on "Open Maintenance Cover" when I hit enter. I tried with front cover opened and closed and nothing. Yes, it's almost like if the sensor was not functional, but in a daily use it is, sometimes I get the "Close Front Cover" message. The media was removed before all the process.
Thanks for the reply !

Eric Lemay

Is your right cover now open as well? Check that it is in place and do not open any cover before selecting Cleaning in the menu and then follow the instructions. If no go, switch off main power from the main switch, not just the front power button, wait 10-15 seconds and restart and try the cleaning procedure again when machine has initialized.

Hi !

In the manual it did not mention to open the right cover, but after I read your comment I tried it. It did not work. Here's the procedure I do:

1. Power on the printer
2. Selection maintenance cleaning
3. After I have the Open Maintenance Cover message, I open up the front cover and I remove the maintenance cover.
4. I close the front cover and I hit Enter. Then the head must go over the maintenance section, but it don't.

Thank you for the reply !

7_nebo_7

I watched multiple videos and try different combinations, but I can't have the head moving over the maintenance area ! Do you know if I can do it manually ?
Yes you can do it manually. you have to unlock carriage from home position. Simply push head to the right side and slowly release it. There are small locker mechanism on the right hand side which should unlock head. Then just move carriage across toward the maintenance station.
upload_2020-12-1_21-48-19.png

Eric Lemay

Yes you can do it manually. you have to unlock carriage from home position. Simply push head to the right side and slowly release it. There are small locker mechanism on the right hand side which should unlock head. Then just move carriage across toward the maintenance station.
View attachment 150518

A big thanks to you ! I did it that way and now it's clean. I will still investigate on why it doesn't want to move via the menu but hey, I have a peace of mind. Thank you again !