• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp300v Crop Mark Problems

strypguy

Well I have a weird issue. Yesterday I was printing away with no issues. I had also done some contour cutting earlier in the day, again with no issues. Last night I decided to contour cut two more small jobs before calling it quits and the printer would find the first crop mark then proceed to the second and stop 3/4 way to that crop mark, stop and search well before the location of the crop mark and give the crop mark error. Today I sent one through right after I turned on the machine and it found all four crop marks and cut the design perfectly. I put another one in right after that and it did not find the second crop mark again but did something even more bazaar. It tried to find the second crop mark well before it should have and actually acted like it found it then went to the third crop mark that doesn't exist in the area and seemed to find one there. Then it went to the fourth crop mark that is in the right spot and proceeded to cut the design and of course the cuts were way off. FYI, It prints fine. There are no other types of errors showing up. Encoder strip and carriage able are newer within the last year.
I called for a tech but no call back yet and that's just all too typical of their support for older machines these days.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, John

Sign Works

Sufficient length of media before and after crop marks? (approx 4")

Didn't click "Get Media Width" before cutting did you? Not necessary and can screw things up.

strypguy

Plenty of media and did not do get media width. I actually printed something this morning just in case it was something I did yesterday and it printed correctly with crop marks but did the same thing so just not sure what is going on. Maybe the crop sensor is screwy or failing.

strypguy

This is what the printer is doing. I loaded three different print/cut jobs and it stops and looks for crop marks in the same location on every job. John

Hey strypguy,

What's happening is the crop mark sensor is detecting the black outline (of your text) as the crop mark and triggering the scanning for the mark. The long term solution is to call your authorized Roland dealer to have the crop mark sensor calibrated. The short term solution is to simply perform the manual crop mark alignment. That process is outlined in the printer's user manual.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn