• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland Sp300v Overspray/head Clogged Issues

mvp-graphics

Hello, New to the site. I'm a Rookie. Thanks for having me.

Issues: I get overspray on my Black/Blue print head. I have done everything from flushes, soakings, manual cleanings, powerful cleanings, replacement of cap tops, dampers, wipers, blades, just about everything. I still get missfires on the test print and overspray. Please help.

Here are a few pics of the overspray...

This one is overspray on the registration mark
This one is a little CMYK block I created to show your the haze around the blue and black areas
And this on is my latest test print after everything I've done.

Hey MVP-Graphics,

Considering all the actions you've already performed, we have to consider two (2) variables:

1) Environmental static/material static, or
2) Failing print head

Let's hope for #1 above. To further isolate the issue, test print using another material type or another brand of media (for comparison). If the issue continues, you'll have to control static in the area of the printer. Roland has a published guide that discusses static and ways to control it. Check it out here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/d...es/static suppression for roland printers.pdf

Ultimately, If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

phototec

Hey MVP-Graphics,

Considering all the actions you've already performed, we have to consider two (2) variables:

1) Environmental static/material static, or
2) Failing print head

Let's hope for #1 above. To further isolate the issue, test print using another material type or another brand of media (for comparison). If the issue continues, you'll have to control static in the area of the printer. Roland has a published guide that discusses static and ways to control it. Check it out here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/documents/departments/technical services/manuals and guides/static suppression for roland printers.pdf

Ultimately, If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

So you're saying that STATIC only effects the black ink, why not the other colors?

Also the black and cyan share the same print head, so if the print head was bad wouldn't you also see the overspray on the cyan?

mvp-graphics

To answer both of your questions,

I have done the static test and other suggested methods to relieve the static and I still have the same overspray.

As for the CYAN, yes, all my blue has overspray too. Especially the darker blues which involve more black. Not so much CYAN by itself.

Hey mvp-graphics,

We presented two considerations for the issue and we really hope it's a simple static issue because the alternative is a failing print head. From the sounds of your posting directly above (post #4), the problem is likely hardware. So, it's our official recommendation that you contact your authorized Roland dealer for servicing. They will solve this issue for you.

Take care,
Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

mvp-graphics

Update....

I purchased a new print head. Problem NOT resolved but is waaay better. Not sure what to do now. As for the clogged head, it's perfect now, but as for the overspray, still there but minimal. I have replaced the dampers along with the head and cleaned the encoder strip again too.

Questsion though, my greys are looking real spotty now. Weird.

Andrej

Update....

I purchased a new print head. Problem NOT resolved but is waaay better. Not sure what to do now. As for the clogged head, it's perfect now, but as for the overspray, still there but minimal. I have replaced the dampers along with the head and cleaned the encoder strip again too.

Questsion though, my greys are looking real spotty now. Weird.

Hello, I have the same problem. Have You after all resolved the issue? Or have you not tried other solutions after replacing head? Thank you for your help.
Test print:
http://graphicsoul.sk/testprint.jpg

Last edited: