• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP300V USB Not Working

mikestickers

Chief, Cook and Dish Washer!
Two questions, before I pull out the main boars ans send it in for repair, does anyone know what the best USB cable is to use with a Roland SP300V ?? Second question, how can I tell if the USB stopped working if its not the cable?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
this is kind of a winter issue,when the heat is on & the air is dry. you get static shocks when you walk across the carpeting

there are static discharge mats (they used to have them in appliance stores, so if you touched a tv or vcr (i am dating myself)
if you have a carpeted floor, one of those mats is a great investment

there are also UPS's (battery backups) that protect a usb

to answer your question, you can plug different computer in to the usb and see if you get hardware install popup

normally if it is your computer you can just switch to a different usb connector on the pc

if a different computer "sees" the printer, you can use a utility like usb oblivion to clear all usb history on your computer, it makes you reinstall all your usb devices

i have never had a sp300v, does it have another input (network or parallel? )