• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland sp540i New Printhead Alignment Issues & Bad Capping

AllTheMerch

Hello all

in a bit of trouble with my sp540i. Long story short I starved the MY channels when installing new cartridges and after breaking the manifold nipple when pulling some ink through I got it working again for then the CK channels went bad overnight, got worse and then nothing thereafter. Swapped head cables over and board was OK.

So I bought service parts and a new printhead. Fitted correctly new damplers,capping, printhead, springs etc. Got full nozzle check back. Did some printing and something was way out of line. Like red artwork with a black border printed with a visable white gap in the print. Did some alignments and didn't fix it.

Went to do it again today and noticed my CYAN channel was bad. Pulling ink through the cap and a noticeable air leak. So I need to get that sorted first and then the alignment issue.
I feel my caps have always been off centre. Even my last service they weren't pulling through great but it printed well for a further year until the recent issues.
Is there a way to move the capping station over by like a mm? So the caps are better on the head. They're not on the metal or anything just need a better seuction. Purchased original Roland caps by the way.

I've done the bi-directional alignments in sevice mode and normal. Horizonal alignment and vertical/alias although I don't know what to do with that result.... manual I take it? I don't get how turning the white screw on the carriage would even move anything :s Then there's the black screw by the spring. Not really sure what the adjustment process should be?

Hope this is somehwat clear and somebody can offer advice.

many thanks

Attachments

• alignments.jpg
    alignments.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 270
  • alignments2.jpg
    alignments2.jpg
    906.7 KB · Views: 162
  • nozzle-checks.jpg
    nozzle-checks.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 179
  • 20210322_154904.jpg