• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP540V black print issue

Tyson Wright

Hi Everyone!

All my prints seem to be printing as they should but my black is still kinda of hazy/fuzzy looking? Thought id do a head soak and multiple cleans. Also replaced with fresh ink as of today. Any ideas of what this could be? Calibration issue? New head? Static? Attached test print and some regular prints to show issue

Sp540V

TIN
Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3623.jpg
    IMG_3623.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3625.jpg
    IMG_3625.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There are just too many deflecting nozzles to get a clean print. You could try head soaks and a new cap top but it's probably not going to improve much.

Mantaworld

That looks like a well used print head and really the only thing to do is to replace it if you want then best quality possible.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
This is common on Rolands using DX4 heads. The black usually goes first, even with OEM ink. You can a head soak, but not likely to change anything. As suggested above, save yourself frustration and iffy looking jobs and replace the head.