Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland SP540V cutter blade, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Tony Rome, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Tony Rome

Tony Rome Active Member

Feb 17, 2009
    PA
    Just curious where some of you get your contour cutting blade?
    I got mine from Fellers, I am not sure how many different manufacturers there are but I swear my blades do not last long enough for the little amount of cutting I do.
    Can someone suggest a blade that they have actually noticed was better than one they used to get, or any input about this?

I get a 45 degree, I imagine that is at least right.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
  3. Tony Rome

Tony Rome Active Member

Feb 17, 2009
    PA
    thanks, I see they sell different degrees, but most people I know get 45, what is up with the other ones, are they for something special?

4. inkmed

inkmed Verboden

Jan 4, 2010
    Please compare your blade with attachment picture, it is 45 degree Roland blade.
    If you cut hard media like vinyl, you need hard blade with hard materias like Germany tungsten steel, the life will be long.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Attached Files:

5. Tony Rome

Tony Rome Active Member

Feb 17, 2009
    PA
    Yes, I have a 45 degree. So where do you get yours?

6. Tony Rome

Tony Rome Active Member

Feb 17, 2009
    PA
    Do some people switch their blades depending on what they are cutting?
    The main things I do are solvent printable heat transfers for T-Shirts (thin material, more detailed cutting) and let's say contour cut laminated stickers or vehicle wrap vinyl.

7. Fivestar

Fivestar Member

Aug 7, 2009
    I use the same blade for everything and I use nothing but a 60 degree Clean Cut Blade.

8. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

We have the Roland CleanCut Blades in stock if needed.

9. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Bought Roland blades and the corner literally fell off of a brand new blade within 2 feet of cutting. Second blade made it a couple days. Third blade has been hanging in there for a while. $30 dollars wasted inside of 3 days. That just ain't right.

What did I learn? Just because I paid $15 a blade doesn't mean they will last. So instead of buying 3 more for $45 I found the cheapest blades on the planet. Paid like 5 bux a piece delivered. Waiting for the last OEM blade to die to try the el Cheapo's.

10. inkmed

inkmed Verboden

Jan 4, 2010

There are 30degree 45 degree 50 degree and 60 degree blades.
    When you cut more detailed, better to switch the 60degree blades.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

11. cleancutblade

cleancutblade Member

Apr 8, 2005
    RJ, if you buy my blades and the tip falls off in 3 days it's a fluke and I will replace it.

Inkmed, my blades are made with American made carbide and will stand up against any blades on the market guaranteed no questions asked.

To be fair to Roland, just because they say Roland on the box, doesn't make them Roland blades. There is a Chinese company selling "Roland" blades that aren't. Same thing with Graphtec and others.

If they fail call me I will replace them.