• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland True Vis

chaz design

Hi,
Just wanted to see if any one is having issues printing with Roland TrueVis VG-640 on Avery 1105 ez/rs. When material starts to roll on the take up reel, the image (dark colors) start to stick on the back part of the paper. If there is any one that can give me a tip on how to avoid this, I would much appreciate it. Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure your post heater is cranked all the way up. If it's really humid where you are you might want to invest in a dehumidifier but I would check the levels first to see if you are within spec for the machine.. Going too dry causes static issues.

Joe House

You could also try another profile that would put down less ink. Also, switch to a slower print mode to give the vinyl more time over the dryer would help as well.

chaz design

I have contacted Roland a few times and havent heard back from them, they were supposed to let me know how to solve this problem and no response. I have a xc540 and never had an issue, was hoping to have similar experience with this machine. Also having issues with color turning white when stretched lightly.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The ink formula is different for the TruVis so that would explain the difference between the XC540 and it. I have seen some people setup box fans in front of the printer but beware of dust!

Mainframe

I have a Truevis 540, I must say I would NEVER load an avery product into it. I am not much help, although I had the drying problems many times with the old vp540, never once with the vg.

Last edited: