• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland TrueVis

KaranGrewal

surprise surprise.. Looking forward to see this in action at ISA orlando.. Hopefully this is Roland's answer to latex.

rjssigns

Am I the only one that finds the rollout of the TrueVis odd? I look at it from the fact they just released the "whiz-bang" EJ-640 with all new EJ inks. Inks that are one liter, supposed to save a ton of money, and dry incredibly fast. Yet all we know about the rig is the Roland produced infomercial. However there are a few fresh vids on Youtube that show it to be a rocket.

Now you have the TrueVis series that is supposed to do what for shop owners? Bags of ink? Not impressed. Besides they're only 56ml bigger than the carts I use now. Run it from your phone/tablet? Just more unnecessary electronics and more creative ways to ruin a job. And if you look at the posted cutting specs and their associated fine print they're not that good. She ain't no speed demon either.

Just callin' it like I see it.

player

I heard a while back that Roland was under contract with EPSON for inks and possibly heads. I cannot remember the specifics, but that contract has expired, so now Roland is free to do what they want with inks and possibly heads. There are apparently big changes coming soon. This may be the start.

Tizz

I like the separate heads per colour, no need to replace the whole entire head if one channel packs it in!

Are they still using epson heads on this model? Does mention Roland DG FlexFire print heads.

and it does look schmick...

Lea Marc

We have a XR-640 and may be looking at an additional printer later this year, perhaps to replace our Mutoh 1638 (not working 100% and can't get a tech to Canada under $1000s of dollars). The HP latex looks good with it's instant cure time but I think for us we would like a printer (Roland?) that can print CCMMYYKK and use bags of ink bigger than 440ml. It doesn't have to have a plotter as we have a Graphtec plus the XR-640 too.

Suggestions? The XF-640 and EJ-640 both look decent but they have different features and it would be nice to run two Rolands from the same Versaworks software.

Steve

Gene@mpls

Strongly recommend the RF-640 with a bulk ink setup (aftermarket- I can help with sourcing and setup is simple)

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
To me...it's basically a re-designed, slightly upgraded, Versacamm.
Same price point.
Same abilities but with increased quality & efficiency.
I'd get this instead of the versacamm if those were my choices.

tim99

Does anyone own one of these? Im looking to move up to a 54" printer/cutter, one sales rep is recommending the truevis and another is recommending the SP540I.

pricing would be pretty close including the take up reals, and other than inks the only major difference i see is the print speeds.

Gene@mpls

List on the TrueVis is about $5k more- VS540 is close to the SP540 but a couple generations newer (better).

bilge

I think TrueVis equipped with 4 Ricoh GH2220 industrial printheads. Recent years Roland lost a lot of customers due to their multichannel Epson printheads.

CanuckSigns

Does anyone own one of these? Im looking to move up to a 54" printer/cutter, one sales rep is recommending the truevis and another is recommending the SP540I.

pricing would be pretty close including the take up reals, and other than inks the only major difference i see is the print speeds.
We have one for about a month now, pretty sweet!
Feel free to ask me about it if you have any questions

rjssigns

We have one for about a month now, pretty sweet!
Feel free to ask me about it if you have any questions

Is it a single head unit or is there a head for each color that can be replaced?

CMYK, 7 color...?

How long is outgas time?

How well does it track when printing?

How well does it track when cutting laminated prints?

How fast for vinyl?

How fast for banners?