• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland TrueVISSG540 Review

Travis82

So when I went to purchase my Roland TrueVIS SG540 I couldn't find any reviews on them. I have had it a year and I have had a ton of problems with mine, however since I had both heads replaced the problems have been on par with other Roland printers I have used. The thing with these you have to watch out for is you need to clean weekly. With other Roland printers I went months without cleaning and had no problems. However, with the new ink on the TrueVIS it gums up. Also I had en-grained in me to use the product print profiles. On this machine I find I need to use the Roland Swatches and use the Generic print profiles. When it comes to this machine there are a lot of quirks you have to iron out even if you are familiar with Roland printers.

Mainframe

I have always used the Roland swatches and Generic print profiles, 10 years with a VP 540 and now with my Truevis VG 540, I to my surprise have found the colors are really close to what came out of the VP! I have a lot of repeat business and the jobs have matched and sold with no problem, I have not really had any problems with mine yet other than the learning curve on loading media and using those long media clamps all the time, these printers are at least 2 times as fast as the vp was and I also like the take up, comes in handy. so far I recommend the machine, at some point people need to replace their equipment and being able to use Versaworks and hit the same colors from your earlier equipment is tempting in itself.

I had to wade through a huge pile of bad reviews to get to my TrueVIS purchase LOL I am glad i bought it, I hope it keeps on working for me just like it is, I am going on 2 months with mine and when they set it up, the tech said he thinks they changed the ink since first launch, it was too thick at first and gummed up the heads quite easily, he is not seeing this as of late.

agseden

There also was an issue where Roland had head issues when they first released their TrueVis series. Since then, they've actually put out a lot of parts to help with what a lot of those technical issues were in the early TrueVis. For a long time I would never recommend a SG/VG because of all the buggy issues, but, since their release Roland has stepped up and I've seen improvements in the machines and I can comfortably talk about it being a good workhorse comparable to Roland's usual standard.

CanuckSigns

We had a horrible experience with 3 different VG-640 machines, to the point where we now have an Epson after 13 years of only Roland machines. I have also heard that they have made improvements to the machines and I hope that is the case, but I know the machines we got (3 different machines over the span of a year) were all buggy as hell