• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland versa misaligned print - text

voxprint

Hi all,
We are using a Roland versaUV Lec-330 and after 2 weeks of not using it now, it's misaligned.
It was working perfectly before. We didn't change anything: media, ink, settings - nothing at all.
so, we start:
- cleaning
- calibrated
- bi-dir adjustment
All are fine but the print is misaligned.
Please have a look at the attached pictures and help us.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 20170822_174102.jpg
    20170822_174102.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 20170822_180437.jpg
    20170822_180437.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 20170822_180445.jpg
    20170822_180445.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 253

voxprint

Today:
- cleaned the encoder strip line
- cleaned the encoder sensor

PRINT = exactly the same!!!

We ordered new encoder strip line and encoder sensor - let's see if this is the case!

Joe House

Did that help? It looks like you have deflected nozzles in black. This could also cause the double lines in black print depending on the scale and the orientation of the print. If cleaning the encoder strip didn't help, I'd focus on cleaning up that black head.

voxprint

Did that help? It looks like you have deflected nozzles in black. This could also cause the double lines in black print depending on the scale and the orientation of the print. If cleaning the encoder strip didn't help, I'd focus on cleaning up that black head.

New parts arrived!
- new encoder strip
- new encoder sensor
Both changed the same result!!!!

Cleaned the heads as well (black and cyan are using same head so I don't think the problem is with the head) and same print!

What else should I check?

Thank you.

rjssigns

After replacing the encoder sensor/strip did you run the calibrations? Encoder sensor can be finicky in regards to alignment. Needs to be paralell to the encoder strip and evenly gapped side to side Took me a couple trys to get a solid calibration test.

voxprint

After replacing the encoder sensor/strip did you run the calibrations? Encoder sensor can be finicky in regards to alignment. Needs to be paralell to the encoder strip and evenly gapped side to side Took me a couple trys to get a solid calibration test.

After we changed everything and calibrate again and again and again SAME RESULT!
I can't believe that it's exactly the same NOTHING changed at all (we changed encoder strip, encoder sensor) -

What can we do?
What do you suggest?
Any idea?

Thank you.

rjssigns

Time to start looking at the cables. Power off the printer and walk away for a while. Power will bleed off. Then check to make sure all you cables are seated and square in their sockets.
Your cables could be having intermittent shorts also. All that back and forth folding and unfolding eventually starts to break down the tiny strands of wire. If you have a bunch of "miles" on your printer those could be the issue.

I replaced all of mine some time ago. They were cheap and it was easy enough to do just tedious.

Joe House

Is your black print head still misdirecting jets? Can you change the color to cyan and print again just to see if it is color related?

Papajo

I know you've checked the bi-dir adjustment but you may want to try printing in unidirectional mode to see if it solves the problem. If it does, re-check the bi-dir simple and detail setting.