• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaCam sp-540i Calibration problem

design unfolds

Hello everyone,

I got a problem with Calibration on my Roland machine. After printing the calibration test, the upper and lower blocks are very far apart. No way I can change the setting to pull them back together. Does anyone have any idea? I have attached an image for reference.
Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 15.05.05.png

Thanks in advance,

Dave

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah you ain't doing too good there with those nozzles buddy.
How do your caps look like? Ever replaced them?
How's the bottom of the carriage and the edges of the printheads?

design unfolds

I am afraid I have never replaced them :( I need to do a complete cleanup and replace those parts. Hope it will solve the problem. Thanks for your help. I will keep you updated.

design unfolds

Sorry to bother you again, just wonder what parts should I replace and maintain as i am
Sorry to bother you again, I am going to replace the cap top and wipers. Just wondering if there is anything else I should replace?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You cannot do the feed calibration with the heads in that condition due to the missing nozzles. Examine the bottom of the printheads for damage. Please post a clear pic of them please. Also please post a pic of the caps so we can see their general condition.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It can be too late but I would replace the caps, tubes, clean y-connector if there is one, wiper, scraper, any pads. Like the basic maintenance.

design unfolds

You cannot do the feed calibration with the heads in that condition due to the missing nozzles. Examine the bottom of the printheads for damage. Please post a clear pic of them please. Also please post a pic of the caps so we can see their general condition.
Here are the images. Hope not too bad.
Here are the images. Hope not too late.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 18.54.25.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 18.54.25.png
    529.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 18.54.42.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 18.54.42.png
    591.2 KB · Views: 227

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah.. Start scrubbing.. gently. Clean the caps and around the printhead. Don't touch the nozzles. Clean the wiper as well, it's probably dirty as hell. Then try to recover the nozzles with some cleanings. See where that gets you for start.

If you have had that printer for longer you have really neglected it.

design unfolds

Yeah.. Start scrubbing.. gently. Clean the caps and around the printhead. Don't touch the nozzles. Clean the wiper as well, it's probably dirty as hell. Then try to recover the nozzles with some cleanings. See where that gets you for start.

If you have had that printer for longer you have really neglected it.
Thanks, I have just purchased a pair of cap top and wipers. Will take quite a few days to arrive. I will change them and clean everything and hopefully it will improve a bit.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Sorry to give you bad news, but you have some major work to do. First, I'm going to guess whoever installed your printer did not instruct you on the basic weekly maintenance. The cap area needs to be completely cleaned or better would be to replace the caps with new Roland OEM caps. Also, clean or preferably change the wipers and clean the wiper scraper. Now the bad news. It looks like you had a major head strike, probably from the media clamps. After cleaning or replacing the caps and wipers, clean all around both print heads. Then do either a medium or power clean, then a nozzle test print. If you are still missing the big section of the nozzles, the both heads are damaged and need to be replaced. Good luck!

design unfolds

Sorry to give you bad news, but you have some major work to do. First, I'm going to guess whoever installed your printer did not instruct you on the basic weekly maintenance. The cap area needs to be completely cleaned or better would be to replace the caps with new Roland OEM caps. Also, clean or preferably change the wipers and clean the wiper scraper. Now the bad news. It looks like you had a major head strike, probably from the media clamps. After cleaning or replacing the caps and wipers, clean all around both print heads. Then do either a medium or power clean, then a nozzle test print. If you are still missing the big section of the nozzles, the both heads are damaged and need to be replaced. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. I will try my best and hope for the best.

design unfolds

Hello guys, i have eventually received the wipers and cap top. I have also replaced them by following youtube video. After replacing and cleaning, the Cyan and Yellow became Key and Magenta. I have no idea what is going on as I have not touched anything else. Any ideas?
Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 15.03.32.png
Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 15.03.37.png

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You have backflow contamination. Look at the ink lines and see if the cyan looks black and the yellow looks magenta. If so, hopefully it didn't go all the way back to the ink cartridges. You will need to do enough power cleans to clear the lines or an ink fill.

design unfolds

You have backflow contamination. Look at the ink lines and see if the cyan looks black and the yellow looks magenta. If so, hopefully it didn't go all the way back to the ink cartridges. You will need to do enough power cleans to clear the lines or an ink fill.
Thanks, i have power clean many times to get it back to normal.