• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VersaCAMM Print Head Replacement

jegflhs

We need a service manual or PDF instructions to enable us to replace one of our print heads. It's a VersaCAMM SP300. Also a recommendation where to purchase the replacement head and damper would be appreciated.

jegflhs

Received our parts today and prepared to replace head. Printer would not allow us to enter "service mode". Kept getting message, "Service Mode Protected".
We tried the right, left, up, down ......key code until the printer started a continuous beeping noise.
Need some help.
Can anyone give us some assistance or is it default to calling a service tech. Our problem is our dealer went out of business several years after selling us the printer and the other dealers aren't in any hurry to work with us.

Trickstar

This sequence will enable access. Wait a second between steps 2 & 3, as this seems to help.
Replacing head on my sp300i as well today. Print out the image and keep near or on your printer.
All the adjusting will be done in service mode after installing. Don't worry if it doesn't work the first time, take your time entering the sequence.

Attachments

• SERVICE MODE.jpg
    SERVICE MODE.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 722

Jim Hill

Here is another tip for you when you are trying to enter the service mode.

Use two people one who to hits the up, down, right, and left and have the other person simply hit enter when you tell them to and remember it only blinks once or twice so with one person doing it is very easy not to see it when it blinks.

The first print head I ever changed I tried a few times before I asked my son to help me and I still never saw it blink but my son said yes it did blink and sure enough we were in the service mode.

The easy part of the job is installing the new head the hard part is all of the adjustments to get it right which could take a few hours of doing test prints to get everything lined up correctly.

I purchased my print head from Digi Print in Belgium for $532.50 and it worked like a charm. I would use Digi Print again for their great prices and excellent service.

Jim