• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Roland VersaUV LEJ-640 Hybrid UV-LED Flatbed Printer

Chosen23

One man shop
I am seriously considering purchasing one of these, however it is 6 yrs old, The UV lamps seem to cost 11K has anyone run into the fact of having to replace them? Are you overal happy with the printer. My main purpose of this machine is for the flatbed option. I have a HP 335 now I am very happy with for roll to roll. My other biggest concern is backlit work, That is a huge part of my business and how does the prints look lighted.
Thanks in adavance

thesignpost

Dont waste your time with that machine, I bought mine the year they came out, had nothing but problems with it. The support lately from Roland has been lacking. After that machine I vowed to never buy another Roland product, Go with Mimaki rock solid machine.

FrankW

If you need a printer for mainly flatbed, forget that kind of hybrid machines, and buy a real flatbed. You really need to compromise with that machines (media weight, thickness, no borderless printing and so on).