• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaUV LEJ-640 Hybrid UV-LED Flatbed Printer

Chosen23

One man shop
I am seriously considering purchasing one of these, however it is 6 yrs old, The UV lamps seem to cost 11K has anyone run into the fact of having to replace them? Are you overal happy with the printer. My main purpose of this machine is for the flatbed option. I have a HP 335 now I am very happy with for roll to roll. My other biggest concern is backlit work, That is a huge part of my business and how does the prints look lighted.
Thanks in adavance

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
We have a LEJ-640, I've never done backlit with it..... I'm assuming the color would not show through since it's UV ink and not translucent like other inks.... could be wrong. One thing I can say is that compared to a higher end machine it's SLOW. prints fine, just slow. If I print a 4x8 sheet of coro using the generic profile and at the standard speed setting it would take 39 minutes PER SIDE! I have a coroplast profile that I made that cuts it down to 18 minutes per side.

any other questions, just let me know.

Jay Grooms

Didn't answer your questions about the LED's..... we got ours in 2012 and have yet to replace the LED's

BullDog613

I am seriously considering purchasing one of these, however it is 6 yrs old, The UV lamps seem to cost 11K has anyone run into the fact of having to replace them? Are you overal happy with the printer. My main purpose of this machine is for the flatbed option. I have a HP 335 now I am very happy with for roll to roll. My other biggest concern is backlit work, That is a huge part of my business and how does the prints look lighted.
Thanks in adavance
I have an LEJ 640ft and it is the biggest piece of junk there is. Don't buy it!!! Roland has horrible service and no one can work on those. I've had 28 service calls in 3 years and no one can fix it. 5 vacuum motors, no calibrations, bad banding, new main board, new print heads. There are other shops I've talked to and there's are the same.

player

I have an LEJ 640ft and it is the biggest piece of junk there is. Don't buy it!!! Roland has horrible service and no one can work on those. I've had 28 service calls in 3 years and no one can fix it. 5 vacuum motors, no calibrations, bad banding, new main board, new print heads. There are other shops I've talked to and there's are the same.
Ouch

Jay Grooms

Damn, I guess we got lucky with ours. Not any problems (knock wood)