• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versaworks 4.2.0 don't read contour cut from EPS or PDF

peguere

Hello

I own a VP-540i and I'm trying to contour cut. But for some reason the versaworks is not reading the special items.

I test the cut on the printer using the printer pannel and works fine, but when I tried on the Versaworks on Printer>Test Cut... the printer seems to receive the data and move the vinyl, but does not cut.

I tried saving from illustrator as a spot color the using the swatch from roland. I even open the file for cut test that a .ps file (I can't remember the name, but is on the roland folder) and the printer can't read it. I then open flexi10 and send something to cut and cuts fine. But I don't see the option on flexi for print and then cut.

Anyone can help?

Thank you

Rafael Reyes

thesignguy1986

You do have flexi 10 pro correct? I know it sounds obvious but some people don't realize you can't print if its not flexi print or pro

shoresigns

Late answer, but if Versaworks isn't reading your contour cuts, it's almost always because you have an image with alpha transparency in your EPS/PDF file. It's a bug in Versaworks that I've brought up numerous times with Roland support over the past couple years and they still haven't fixed (last I checked).

To fix it, you can flatten the image in question, or flatten your whole design into a high-res image with vector cutting lines overtop.

bulldozer

did you recently update VW? this happened to me last time i updated, and it ended up being a permission issue with windows. i had to right-click "run as admin" to get it to work.

NateF

We had trouble with versaworks not seeing our cut lines (set using the swatch in Illustrator). What finally fixed it for us setting the stroke alignment to (I think) center as opposed to inside or outside.