• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versaworks Print/Cut Mark?

jeffkics

Sign Says
Is there a way to create the cut/print registration marks in ai/coreldraw file that I can then export and print on a Mutoh printer, then take that print to my versaworks and cut it?

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
I don't know about replicating a cropmark, but you can do a "manual" registration with Roland (at least, our XR-640) that involves setting basepoints instead of reading crop marks. We use it when a cropmark gets damaged or won't read, and it works well but is time consuming.

I've never tried this, but theoretically you could. But you'd need to be quite precise with your two separate files - your printed file, with 4 corners marked precisely, and your cut file, made exactly the same size.

JulieS

I have tried creating the registration marks before, being as precise with measurements as I possibly could, but it has always been off just enough to throw everything off. Might work if you're printing/cutting something fairly large where precision isn't as important. I really wish it worked! ;-)

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Yeah I should specify, what we've done is not using cropmarks but using the marked corners of a print to use basepoints. I think it would work fine for a one-off (with lots of bleed) but I don't think it would be efficient for a lot of jobs.