• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland Versaworks

blufftonsignguy

I am running Versaworks 5.5.1 and am having an issue. I am attempting to print a banner 10'x2'. I usually load files as eps files and have no problem. For some reason this file is huge and will not load into versaworks. I changed up and imported it as a jpeg file and the file is much smaller and loads fine. The problem is it changes the size of the banner for some reason. Am I doing something wrong here? I haven't changed the size of the banner, jst the type of file I import into versaworks.

shoresigns

Yes, you're probably doing something wrong. Versaworks reads dimensions from JPEG files just fine on our system here.

Open your JPEG file in Photoshop, then go to Image > Image Size > change Pixels to Inches. Does it say 120 in x 24 in? If not, please explain exactly how you converted the EPS to JPEG so we can help you troubleshoot. If Photoshop does say it's 120 x 24, then there's a problem with Versaworks.

ams

There are multiple things that can cause the EPS to fail. If it's 1 gig or more, not being converted to curves, transparency issues and most of the time it's when you have 50,000 pieces of an object exported! But another thing you can do is save it at 50% smaller and then resize it in Versaworks

blufftonsignguy

When in design I power clipped (coreldraw x7) the design into the box created which changes it to a bitmap. From that point I exported it as an eps file and imported it into versa works. I did it the same way exporting it as a jpeg. I had changed my drawing area to 1 inch larger all the way around just like I normally do.
I called a Roland tech that I know and he said he had never heard of the problem I had had and had no solution.

End result, I changed the size in versaworks to 150% of the original size and it changed into within a 1/4" of the original size so i went ahead and printed it.

Who knows. The computer is going to the doctor as soon as I can get it there to make sure everything is working correctly in it.

Thanks for your help!

Vohaul

When in design I power clipped (coreldraw x7) the design into the box created which changes it to a bitmap. From that point I exported it as an eps file and imported it into versa works. I did it the same way exporting it as a jpeg. I had changed my drawing area to 1 inch larger all the way around just like I normally do.
I called a Roland tech that I know and he said he had never heard of the problem I had had and had no solution.

End result, I changed the size in versaworks to 150% of the original size and it changed into within a 1/4" of the original size so i went ahead and printed it.

Who knows. The computer is going to the doctor as soon as I can get it there to make sure everything is working correctly in it.

Thanks for your help!

I do stuff out of Corel to versa every day.... I always use PDF.... no matter how big, never had a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey blufftonsignguy,

VersaWorks will maintain the dimensions/scale of your artwork, so no worries there. Based on your description, the problem is likely in the file conversion/saving method, but we'll concede there may be something strange going on with VersaWorks. So, to explore that possibility, we recommend initializing VersaWorks. Basically, it's a "reset" of the software and if the problem is VersaWorks, this will solve it.

The following information will guide you through the process:

Please note, any custom profiles created for VersaWorks will need to be saved before initializing. Please write down the printer’s IP address because you’ll have to enter it again after this process. Also, any jobs already in the queue will be deleted (not a major problem as you can add the jobs to the queue again)

Reboot/restart Windows and after the computer boots up, immediately initialize VersaWorks. To initialize the program, close VersaWorks, then click “Start > All Programs > Roland VersaWorks > Initialize Application”. Click the “Yes” button on the window that appears.

Launch VersaWorks again, verify the printer, then add your job(s) back into the queue and it should work normally if VersaWorks is the problem. However, if the issue continues, the problem is elsewhere. Other members have provided good feedback, so consider their ideas also.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn