• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP-540 Printer Carriage Going to Far Right while Printing —>

graphicsphere

I sent my Roland VP-540 mainboard in for service but when I got my mainboard back and everything is working now except I can’t figure out why the printer carriage is going to far to the right and is lightly hitting the capping station and making a hitting noise at every pass during printing.

Here is a video I attached so maybe you know why it’s doing that.

I’m thankful for all your help!

Take Care,

Anthony J. Sansone
Marketing & Sales

Graphicsphere of Tampa Bay, Inc.
sales@graphicsphere.net

“Stand out from the crowd Tampa Bay.”

Riethian

Hi,
Please try to make LINEAR ENCODER SETUP from service menu. Then try again. I think it would be a solution for your problem.
Ugur A.

graphicsphere

Hi everybody,
I have tried many different things to stop the VP-540 print carriage from going too far right while printing but still keeps doing it. It's not really affecting anything that I notice so I'll just let it keep doing it but want to know how to fix it.

The different things I have tried is the cut down position adjustment, initialize the limit, linear encoder setup (get 101%???), grit encoder setup, and servo lock setup.

Terry01

Have you had a look to see where its hitting or what its hitting??? the video shows nothing..take the cover off and take another video.

graphicsphere

It is the printer Carriage pushing the capping station too far right which causes a hitting sound at every pass. I still can’t figure out how to keep it from hitting. Tried everything in service manual.

FrankW

It is a function in the service menu named „flushing position“ or similar. When entering this submenu, the print head will move into the position where it hits the capping. Now you can move the carriage a little bit more to the left, enter, finish.

But being careful: whenever the carriage hits the capping, the heads flush, what means they fire an ink drop into the capping. If you move the head too far away from above their cappings, the ink will be flushed into the printer.

But it is possible to set the carriage into a position where it won‘t hit, but still flush into the caps.

graphicsphere

FrankW Thanks a Million!
Flushing Position Adjustment in Service Menu fixed my problem. I looked back and the service manual said to adjust flushing position so left most cap touches left printhead but that is not correct because the updated VP-540 service manual now says to adjust flushing position farther left than originally mentioned.

It is a function in the service menu named „flushing position“ or similar. When entering this submenu, the print head will move into the position where it hits the capping. Now you can move the carriage a little bit more to the left, enter, finish.

But being careful: whenever the carriage hits the capping, the heads flush, what means they fire an ink drop into the capping. If you move the head too far away from above their cappings, the ink will be flushed into the printer.

But it is possible to set the carriage into a position where it won‘t hit, but still flush into the caps.