• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VP-540 wiper issue

mc1976

Hi everyone,

I own a roland VP-540 and its been fantastic for quite a while now but just recently the wiper/motor/drive belt is making a "SQUEALING"
sound when performing a cleaning cycle and what it seems like is the wipers aren't fully cycling back and forth. Has anyone experienced this
and if so is there a remedy any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you recently purchase after market wipers? The Roland machines have a wiper scraper that the wipers have to slide by. Most after market wipers I have seen are too stiff and get caught on the wiper scraper and cause the motor to spin out. The OEM wipers are softer and slide by without issue.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We had to replace the (and I'm about to show how non-technical on parts I am) silver cover thingy around the blades on our VP540. Cost about $15. We had similar issues with the wipers making noise and not fully cleaning the heads because that cover was obstructing them, but I don't recall the belt noise you mention.
For us it happened pretty suddenly too.

mc1976

Did you recently purchase after market wipers? The Roland machines have a wiper scraper that the wipers have to slide by. Most after market wipers I have seen are too stiff and get caught on the wiper scraper and cause the motor to spin out. The OEM wipers are softer and slide by without issue.
thanks for the reply! sorry so late getting back tho!

mc1976

We had to replace the (and I'm about to show how non-technical on parts I am) silver cover thingy around the blades on our VP540. Cost about $15. We had similar issues with the wipers making noise and not fully cleaning the heads because that cover was obstructing them, but I don't recall the belt noise you mention.
For us it happened pretty suddenly too.
thanks!!!