• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP300 and VP540 Detailed Quote (Are these quotes good?)

TheDecalWorld

Hey Everyone! New to the Forum! You all have some great info posted on here! Thanks for all the helpful hints and tips. I am looking into pulling the trigger on a Versacamm and just got 2 quotes in from my local rep today. (I know everyone wants to compare prices and I figured the detailed quote here would help others out too) I don't want to rush into a 20K purchase and want to research this to a T. Anyone that has purchased recently do these look good? Anything more I should ask for? Not sure on the 300 or the 540. Right now everything we would do the 300 could handle, however when you get into a machine like this the options become unlimited an we are always looking to grow. We are also planning on Wraps down the road. I know the 300 can do wraps, however is the tiling much more complicated for larger projects? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VP300 Quote:

Quantity Description List Price Your Price

1 EA Roland VP300 30” Printer/Cutter $15,795.00 $14,795.00
Stock # ROLVP300
30” VersaCam Eco Solvent. Printer
2 year warranty, Versaworks RIP also included

4 EA Roland Inks 220ml $ 66.99 $59.95

1EA Daige Quickmount 4 $1495.00 $ 1,495.00
38” laminator and mounter

1 EARolandMedia Sample Kit $250.00 FREE
1 EA SSUSA Media Sample Kit $250.00 FREE
1 EA Intelicoat Media Sample Kit $250.00 FREE

Sub Total: $16,542.00
Sales Tax: $ 1,017.52
Quote Total: $17,559.52
**INSTALLATION, TRAINING & SUPPORT ALL INCLUDED AT NO CHARGE,
Which is a $1,500.00 value**

VP540 Quote:

Quantity Description List Price Your Price

1 EA Roland VP540 54” Printer/Cutter $21,995.00 $19,895.00
Stock # ROLVP540 54” VersaCam Eco Solvent. Printer
2 year warranty, Versaworks RIP also included

4 EA Roland Inks 220ml $66.99 $59.95

1EA Sol Pro Laminator with Heat Assisted $6995.00 $ 4,995.00
Laminator and mounter

1 EARolandMedia Sample Kit $250.00 FREE
1 EA SSUSA Media Sample Kit $250.00 FREE
1 EA Intelicoat Media Sample Kit $250.00 FREE

Sub Total: $25,424.00
Sales Tax: $ 1,599.52
Quote Total: $26,841.52
**INSTALLATION, TRAINING & SUPPORT ALL INCLUDED AT NO CHARGE,
Which is a $1,500.00 value**

Thanks Everyone! Matt

Mainframe

Get at least 3 quotes & talk to someone who used the final choice, Don't even consider a 30", think about it, are you going to spend $17,559.52 & not be able to make a 4x8 wrap panel, not be able to print a 3 or 4 foot banner?, You wouldn't be able to print a 4x8 sheet of coro without tiling, get a 54" & don't look back.

econolinesigns

The VP540 is a great printer! You could save some money by taking a look around for a used one from a private party or a demo model from a vendor. As the prices go, for what they are giving you it looks pretty close. I would go with the 440ml ink cartridges instead of the 220ml ones. They stick out a bit but it is much better to have the extra capacity.

Like everyone else, don't get the 30" printer unless bulk of your work is about 28" or less. The 54" print/cut solution is the only way to go. We had two and they are just workhorses. Sold one used a while back when we bought our Solara Ion but our other Roland is still used every day.

TheDecalWorld

Awesome Info. Looks like the 54" is the way to go. Save a little money now on the 30" but that could be made up in a few months with the larger signs, banners, etc.. I am going to search around for a demo unit as well for a little while. Don't want to jump the gun on something like this. Need to make a smart and educated decision with this much money flying out! Has anyone looked into the Lease of the VP540? My rep is trying to talk me into the lease if it is a little price for me right now? Any real pros and cons to the lease VS buy is anyone's opinion?

Thanks Matt

advsign22

That is a good price on the laminator. I have the same one and was very happy with it. I also got mine from SS of p'cola.

I do know someone with a SC545EX with the Roland media take up system and that Laminator for sale for $19k. The printer was flushed, serviced and set up for storage by SS of P'cola. Comes with a set of inks (12 carts). I think the original cost was over $35k.

Ken

That is a good price on the laminator. I have the same one and was very happy with it. I also got mine from SS of p'cola.

I do know someone with a SC545EX with the Roland media take up system and that Laminator for sale for $19k. The printer was flushed, serviced and set up for storage by SS of P'cola. Comes with a set of inks (12 carts). I think the original cost was over $35k.

Ken

Do you have contact for this person?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You need to ask for lots more media.. for free, three sets total of ink.... free and no sales tax no matter where you are buying. If they want your continued business of media and supplies after this sale, they'll go for it and as always... they throw the two day installation and training in for free.

After you get all of that, knock about 10% more off the price and be willing to walk away if they don't give you that deal.

Main reason, there are a lot of used ones out there with next to no mileage on them that these distributors are competing with and don't wanna meet their deals without a fight. So, you fight hard too.

Biker Scout

Don't get a Daige... they aren't real laminators. Technically, they are mounters, or laminators with sleds. Huge hassle. (I can't give mine away) For less than a Daige, you can get a real enough laminator from masterwarehouse.com
Even their mounter is better than a Daige.

Oh, get the 54" printer... at least you can do a full 4x8 sheet with that and 4' wide banners. Those are kinda industry minimum standards as far as I'm concerned. The only place you might see a 54" limitations is when trying to wrap some vehilcle's hoods as a one piece. But other than that, nearly all material comes in 54" rolls nowadays anyway.

Whomever you choose to purchase your printer from, make sure you get extra, extra set of inks. You'll burn through a lot when you first start out, plus there's the initial ink charge that will leave your first cartridges nearly empty.

Dave L.

That is a very fair price from a local dealer. That's the way to go. As for the rest of the comments about, free material, shipping, lower price, etc.......c'mon. With all the groaning about pricing you guys let out here, i'm suprised you guys are telling this guy to give the same head ache your customers give you, to the vendor. Are you really giving your vendor all your supply business because he GAVE away the equipment. I've been promised, but have never seen it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can honestly say we did, until recently.... very recently.

Our distributor gave us one heck of a deal and we continued to get great service until just a few weeks ago. It was a very mutual parting and one they knew was coming due to circumstances on their part.

Biker Scout

Well, we bought our printer from SignWarehouse, and not only did we get 3 extra ink sets, but we got on top of that a $1000 store credit towards anything in their catalog. That included full rolls of vinyl, lamination, tools. etc... Not sample rolls.

There are distributors that are willing to bend over backward just make the sale. So it doesn't hurt to ask.

And look at this way, if you are financing or leasing that amount of money, every $100 you save can reduce your overall payment. In the real world that's what it really boils down to, how much you have to come up with each month to make your payments. Then ultimately get paid yourself. Do you think that your distributor or vendor is going to care about your monthly payment? Not a chance. They only want your continued support in materials sales.

jimbug72

We have an SP-300 and it is awesome, but nearly every day I wish we had a 540 instead.

We have a Daige and it is doodoo. Every day I wish we had a real laminator.

Drop the extra duckets on a 540 and don't look back. You'd be better off buying a big squeegie and pocket the leftover bread than buying the Daige, IMHO.