• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VS-540 cap top not seal, pump tubing length

AmySynergy

Does anyone know how to adjust the cap top on a Roland VS-540?

Does anyone know the correct length and diameter of the tubes going from cap top to pump?

My yellow has disappeared and I noticed that there is no ink going through one of my pump tubes. When doing a cleaning I noticed that there is a gap between cap top and head on the left side. However, it seems to seal when at rest. I have read that there is a way to adjust this but I can not find it even in the service manual. I have changed out my cap top twice.

Also, I have changed out the tubes from the cap top to the pump and read in the service manual to make sure they are the correct length but it doesn't state the length or diameter. I have also changed out the pump thinking that may be the problem but to no avail.

Nismoasfuh

Does anyone know how to adjust the cap top on a Roland VS-540?

Does anyone know the correct length and diameter of the tubes going from cap top to pump?

My yellow has disappeared and I noticed that there is no ink going through one of my pump tubes. When doing a cleaning I noticed that there is a gap between cap top and head on the left side. However, it seems to seal when at rest. I have read that there is a way to adjust this but I can not find it even in the service manual. I have changed out my cap top twice.

Also, I have changed out the tubes from the cap top to the pump and read in the service manual to make sure they are the correct length but it doesn't state the length or diameter. I have also changed out the pump thinking that may be the problem but to no avail.

Ughhh I wish I had a definite answer. Your best bet though is to cut off a small piece and take it to Ace hardware. They’ll definitely be able to find you the exact diameter, as far as the length goes you’ll just have to match and cut your new hose to what you take out. Ace hardware employees are a god send, idk how intensive their training is but I’ve never left ace hardware without getting my problem solved by a helpful employee.

sidcon

Last edited:

C5 Service&Repair

You shouldnt disconnect or replace the hoses on the captop. They are installed and sealed when new. The adjustment you are looking for is the flushing adjustment, but it has no effect on how the cap seals to the head when parked.