• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS-540 Print Head Question

Eric Lenseth

Hello All,

This is my first post although I've spent quite a bit of time researching on the forums. The company I work for just upgraded machines from the Roland VS-540 to the VG2. I was able to purchase the VS-540 for what the company was offered on trade in. We have had a few issues with the VS like ink leaking from the back of the machine because the cartridge wasn't seated property (Roland Service tech said its common on that machine). We have also had a few issues with the print head. It was recently replaced because of a head strike from the vinyl rolling up over night.

Below is a test print. I soaked the head last night for about 15 hours. No changes to the test print. I have it soaking again now and will leave it soaking for 48 hours this time. Is there anything else I can do to get the nozzles back?

The second picture is of the banding when printing.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1185-rotated.jpg
image0-rotated.jpeg

FrankW

The issue in black is a typical nozzle deflection. Hard to solve without replacing the head. 3 nozzles nearby in left magenta looks like a mechanical damage. I would have a look at the nozzle plate of the head.

Eric Lenseth

Thank you Frank, I was hoping that wasn't the case but had a feeling it was. It seems to print better in high quality mode, I might limp it along until I can purchase a new head.