• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VS-540i Magenta ink clogging

Miftah

Hi Guys!

I have the issue of Magenta color doesnt come out as per normal. It looks like there is clogging.
The first picture was taken when i first spot it on Wednesday, 19 Jun 2019.

2019Jun19%201st%20Pic.jpeg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvwuq7rxbnmyq0g/2019Jun19 1st Pic.jpeg?dl=0

2019Jun22%202nd%20Pic.jpeg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/re854q9wg4nksjq/2019Jun22 2nd Pic.jpeg?dl=0

The second picture was taken after I have done these steps:
- Normal cleaning
- Medium cleaning
- Powerful cleaning
- Manual cleaning
- Head soak overnight
- Light choke cleaning

For your information, recently we have changed
- The printhead on 6 Aug 2018
- 1 of Magenta ink damper on 19 Oct 2018
- Wiper head (black) on 21 Jun 2019
- Wiper head felt on 21 Jun 2019

The only thing we have not changed is the Captop. My machine is Roland VS-540i.

Appreciate any inputs for me to solve this.

Great day ahead!

woolly

why change the damper so soon after changing the head, presume std inks as a rule if changing the head renew all bits that touch it at the same time.

think you may have answered it at the end, all the cleanings in the world will not help if the cap top is not sealing, around 12mth change on a 8 colour earlier with white met inks.
also the felt sponge in the capping gets clogged with ink particles and does not suck as well, from experience only use the genuine ones yes i know they are 5 times the price of aftermarket but do seal better.

Miftah

why change the damper so soon after changing the head, presume std inks as a rule if changing the head renew all bits that touch it at the same time.

think you may have answered it at the end, all the cleanings in the world will not help if the cap top is not sealing, around 12mth change on a 8 colour earlier with white met inks.
also the felt sponge in the capping gets clogged with ink particles and does not suck as well, from experience only use the genuine ones yes i know they are 5 times the price of aftermarket but do seal better.

Thank you for the respons.
We changed the damper because we didnt change it during the print head changed. Magenta color starts to leak only after about 2 months later.

I meantioning the Cap Top after i did a search on the forum. Some did solve the problem other not. So im asking here again to see if there is anything that i missed out.

I told my supplier about replacing the Cap Top but he said maybe the printhead or the damper. I would prefer to change the cap top then damper or printhead since cap top is cheaper

So hopefully i get the inputs from forumer before he coming over on Monday

Miftah

Hi everyone,

Just to update that this is the latest test print.
- After changing original Cap top
- Soaking printhead for more than 48hrs

- Normal cleaning 4x

- Medium cleaning 1x

- Test print.

Is this mean that I need to have a printhead change?

Thank you in advance!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'd flush the magenta channels before trying anew head. It can damage the head but it's worth a shot as a last resort. A lot of the time it just flushes out and you are good to go especially on younger heads like yours.

Miftah

I'd flush the magenta channels before trying anew head. It can damage the head but it's worth a shot as a last resort. A lot of the time it just flushes out and you are good to go especially on younger heads like yours.

Thank you for input
Care to share how did u flush the magenta channel?
Im never done that before.
Is it using the syringe?

Thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you for input
Care to share how did u flush the magenta channel?
Im never done that before.
Is it using the syringe?

Thank you

I normally use a tapered syringe and hook a piece of solvent resistant tube onto it. Then just attach the tube to the manifold where the damper normally connects to the head. I push cleaning solution through gently at first until it sort of bubble out of the nozzles and then push harder until it sprays out like a waterfall. Don't push any harder than that. You will actually be able to see the nozzles that aren't firing in the stream. As solution flows through, you might see those nozzles start to spray again. If you can get them all to spray again, the nozzle check should come back 100% unless, as I stated above, you damage the inside of the head which is a possibility so only do it as a last resort. In my experience it doesn't happen a lot but enough to want to be sure about it.

Miftah

Hi guys,

Just to put on a closure for this issue.
Have tried all the methods that has been mentioned above but it doesn't solve the issue.
Hence I have no choice but to change the printhead again.

Really appreciate all the helps.
Will monitor this printhead, and if it spoilt again within a year then I might be considering to change to Epson SureColor SC series.

Have a great days guys!