• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS vs VSi

stillhasdust

I am going to buy a printer soon and I found a VS300 that I like. I noticed the ink cartridges are vertical but on the VSi they are horizontal. Is there any difference between the two models?
I’m mainly worried about why they went from horizontal carts on all previous printers to vertical but then back to horizontal.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Vertical cartridges have two advantages, 1 is it takes up less space behind the printer and 2 is it allows the cartridge to empty a little better. I wouldn't sweat the difference too much as they both will work very similarly. The VSI also uses the Roland Intelligent Pass Control which is essentially like a lot of other brands that use a wave pattern instead of a straight line between passes. So the VSI does have a slight advantage over the VS series when it comes to banding issues because of the way it lays ink down. That being said, either machine will work great in good condition and with the proper alignments done. If you saw them printing the same file next to each other you might not even notice a difference.