• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Vs Wiper Scrapper

signguy35

Is there any videos out there to show how to replace the wiper scrapper and the felt underneath the ruber wiper and the felt? It seems as thought it isn't a normal matinaence but I was looking at it the other day and it looks like it is really cruddy. Do I have to power down to remove all the shields on the right side of the VS640? Thanks.

Hi Signguy35,

I haven't seen any videos for that. Generally, the replacement of the scraper and pad are performed by a service tech.
I do know that the whole wiper station has to be removed. There are two allen screws that hold wiper station in place. Be sure to wear gloves!

Hey signguy35,

Pacific Coast Sign is right, there's no video produced by Roland to support the scraper replacement because it's to be replaced by an authorized service tech. We'll encourage you to contact your regional Roland dealer and discuss this with them (having them come to your location to do it for you if needed).

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Gene@mpls

I remove the wiper station once a month and remove/clean the wiper and its mount and the remove/clean the scraper and turn the felt wiper around- replace when both sides have been used.
We print a lot and the scraper and the mount holding the rubber wiper are crusted with dried ink. Also clean the lips of the seal around the capping station and look at the print head- it rarely needs wiping around the edges if everything else is working correctly. RF640 BTW. Gene