• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Vs300i Adding Epson Ink

austinmgx

Does anyone have any info on this conversion? I am trying to achieve a brighter Orange and red than the current CMYKcm allows. I currently am running the CMYKcmMTW. I was told I can remove the MT and W cartridge and replace them with a EPSON orange and red cartridge and print them via spot color with ONYX rip. Does anyone have anymore info on this? I am sure there is more than just putting the ink cartridge straight in the printer and buying ONYX. I was told by my current Roland Dealer that I am about as bright as the machine can currently go and if I need more I need to look into other options.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Does anyone have any info on this conversion? I am trying to achieve a brighter Orange and red than the current CMYKcm allows. I currently am running the CMYKcmMTW. I was told I can remove the MT and W cartridge and replace them with a EPSON orange and red cartridge and print them via spot color with ONYX rip. Does anyone have anymore info on this? I am sure there is more than just putting the ink cartridge straight in the printer and buying ONYX. I was told by my current Roland Dealer that I am about as bright as the machine can currently go and if I need more I need to look into other options.

I think you will be disappointed in all the work you do to convert and then see that the oranges are basically exactly the same brightness. I have installed machines with orange ink and compared the prints to CMYK prints. They are virtually indistinguishable even after profiling etc. Most likely you are trying to hit an orange that just ins't possible with solvent inks which is why the dealer said to look into other solutions.

I know that this is not a popular opinion but from my experience, any color other than CMYK on a digital, non-spot color printing machine, is a gimmick to sell more ink. That includes light cyan and light magenta. It may be better on a microscopic level and a spectrometer may pick up on the difference but if you put the prints together and had 100 people say whether they can tell the difference, you wouldn't do much better than chance.