• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS540i choke cycle allen key location? help!

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Does anyone know where to insert the allen key? I'm completely lost with this. Tried googling it but couldn't find anything. I am already in service menu and see the light choke cycle settings i just need to insert the allen key.

Does anyone know if I insert the allen key, do I need to turn it also?

Does anyone know where to insert the allen key? I'm completely lost with this. Tried googling it but couldn't find anything. I am already in service menu and see the light choke cycle settings i just need to insert the allen key.

Hello CSOCSO, the VSi models have an automatic valve. It sounds like you have a standard VS model. See the attached picture for the location of the valve. Turn clockwise to close.

Attachments

• valve.JPG
    valve.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,487

CSOCSO

Hello CSOCSO, the VSi models have an automatic valve. It sounds like you have a standard VS model. See the attached picture for the location of the valve. Turn clockwise to close.
Its is a vs540i model
That has an automatic valve? I spoke to a tech he told me the hole is on thatbside like on the pic but he said i don't have to remove any panel to access it. I guess because i have the 540i model there is no hole on the outside. Can you confirm that is this is correct?

woolly

on a older VS540 its a hole bottom left of the left side panel and if i remember turns anti clockwise aprox one third of a turn key board beebs to say its over to block the tubes. its mainly used to rid air from the pipes but has left me with head problems as a rule after so wont use it any more.. big strain on the pumps etc.

other replies while typing best of luck had a feeling the I model was different

Hello CSOCSO, activating the choke clean on a VSi model should not prompt you to close or open valve and it should be able to finish the cleaning without any manual intervention. If you are getting an error, please send us a private note and we will recommend a local dealer to take a look at your unit.

CSOCSO

I have the 540i. I dint see holes on the outside of the machine under where theybusually put the roland passport. I tried to do the light choke cycle. Now i lost the magenta too. Before i had only lost the yellow. I pulled the yellow ink all the way to the head yesterday. Now i pulled the magenta to the head but that one has bubbles in it. Should i change the cartridge and pull ink until bubbles are gone or these bubbles are ok? I done the choke cycle and still got no ink back

Attachments

• 20190816_112818.jpg
    20190816_112818.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 895

CSOCSO

I just did another choke cycle and the head pumped magenta back into to the yellow tube

C5 Service&Repair

a light choke will not resolve your issues. You need to be in service mode and do a few full chokes after replacing the captop.
And from the sounds of it you need to hire a tech before you contaminate all of the ink lines.
I visit Florida for service calls regularly.

CSOCSO

yeah. tech is on site already. replacing captop and dampers. bye bye &700
It was just replaced half a year ago

CSOCSO

Well. The tech came out. Changed dampers and captop. Same issue. Same yellow tube was getting contaminated by the magenta. Guy twlls me i need a new head. He just changed my head 7-8 month ago. I just paid them 3 grand for it now he tells me i need to do it again. I had zero headstrike since i had the new head. Test prints looked perfect a few days ago. Not a single drop out. I am using nutech inks what tubelite started to sell me. The tubelite tech says they can try to start a claim and see if nutech will replace my head but he says that will never happen.....

Well i dont want to pay for it that's for sure. Head died prematurely from the inside because of the ink. If tubelite stands behind a product and decide to sell it then they better replace my head if that said ink ruins my head.

CSOCSO

Nutec tech came out. He done some test. Wasted a bunch of inks. He said it's not the head. He thinks its the cap station that was just changed.
He left but I felt skeptical. Captop was just changed on friday so it shouldn't have a problem. Well. At least he's boss talked to tubelite techs and they came out to check other things and realized the yellow choke valve is broken. They were not able to pull any ink on that line. First they thought the line was clogged but after some testing, they couldn't pull anything straight thru the choke valve. Flow is good from the cartridge. Flow also good in the line that goes between the damper and choke valve. I am glad it's not the head and already paid $700 to have them replace the dampers and captop ( ok... captop was due but dampers had no issue....) They thought it was the issue and it wasn't so I'm not sure what to tell 'em about the unnecessary work I had to pay for. I don't even wanna think what would have happened if they make me pay for a new head and it turns out we still have an issue.

Nicholas Poku

Nutec tech came out. He done some test. Wasted a bunch of inks. He said it's not the head. He thinks its the cap station that was just changed....

I have a VG-540 and the ink keeps bleeding through my magenta head. Roland certified techs came to replace the cap station but the problem persisted. They came again to replace the head & dampers and a day later the magenta ink again started bleeding through the new heads again... If I let the machine sit for some hours, I can get about an hour of printing before bells & alarms start going off. I have also spent about $2000 on these part changes that have fixed nothing & have no clue what is wrong with the machine or what to suggest to these technicians who are just making costly assumptions. I am actually tempted to think my choke valve may be the problem but I have no idea if these are symptoms of an ink choke valve gone bad.

Attachments

• oc_14968.jpeg
    oc_14968.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 473
  • oc_18059.jpeg
    oc_18059.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 457
  • oc_13824.jpeg
    oc_13824.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:

Nicholas Poku

I have a VG-540 and the ink keeps bleeding through my magenta head. Roland certified techs came to replace the cap station but the problem persisted. They came again to replace the head & dampers and a day later the magenta ink again started bleeding through the new heads again... If I let the machine sit for some hours, I can get about an hour of printing before bells & alarms start going off. I have also spent about $2000 on these part changes that have fixed nothing & have no clue what is wrong with the machine or what to suggest to these technicians who are just making costly assumptions. I am actually tempted to think my choke valve may be the problem but I have no idea if these are symptoms of an ink choke valve gone bad.

They just replaced the choke valve & I printed once, turned it off & turned it back on again & bam! Third head Light Magenta leaking again.