• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS640 convert in duble CMYK-procedure

cmyk.ba

Hi,

I need help to convert Roland VS640 with CMYKlCLmMHV to 2xCMYK.
Also i need the info about icc profile for 2xCMYK printing how can i fix this.
My Versaworks working on icc profile with light magenta and light cyan.

Thanks in advance

If the printer is already running white and metallic the conversion will be difficult being you need to repalce ink lines, dampers,captops,printheads.

cmyk.ba

Hi,
Thanks for you replay,

I assumed it must be procedure,
I planned to solve this with a large washing with eco solvent cartridge,
all ink sistem, replace the ink lines...and ink charge.

What is about Versaworks and Icc profiles, i have only icc profiles with CMYKlcLmMW. How can i solve this procedure?

Thanks in advance

I dont use that exact model but if u open versaworks go to media explorer see if you even have 2xcmyk profiles . u may have to go through update settings and select d/l all profiles instead of just your printer and ink type.

yeah to do away with white and met. ink you must clear old ink channel install new ink lines , heads, dampers, caps etc. everything the ink touches must be replaced. then you will have to reinitailize printer to 2xcmyk then refill all channels. if you did it right it would cost atleast 2500 maybe 3k. i would not do that personally cost doesnt equal the output speed difference