• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VS640

MP Custom

Hi All.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get my black printing properly? All new Dampers fitted. New Cap Top. Felt and Wiper replaced .Head soak done.
Is the head stuffed?
Thank you in advance.
Mark
PS Test print attached

Attachments

• Test 2.jpg
    Test 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 350

Darryn

Hi All.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get my black printing properly? All new Dampers fitted. New Cap Top. Felt and Wiper replaced .Head soak done.
Is the head stuffed?
Thank you in advance.
Mark
PS Test print attached
Hi Mark,
Does it get any better when you run a Medium clean? I get that after a couple of days of no use, and it usually takes 3 or so Medium cleanings. If no change, maybe it's clogged.

Best Regards,
Darryn

MP Custom

Hi Mark,
Does it get any better when you run a Medium clean? I get that after a couple of days of no use, and it usually takes 3 or so Medium cleanings. If no change, maybe it's clogged.

Best Regards,
Darryn
Hi Darryn. Thank you for replying!
Here is the result from after 2 medium cleans and a powerful. There seems to be no change ( or very little)
Any other suggestions?
Thank you again

Attachments

• Test 3.jpg
    Test 3.jpg
    1,008 KB · Views: 262

MP Custom

If it doesn't change when you do a cleaning, it's most likely clogged and you'll need to replace the head.
Thank you Joe.
I was sort of expecting that. It will be $4000 AUS. Approx job. Travel time alone for a tech here is $800 AUS. Still getting passable prints if I print in High Quality via VersaWorks.
I have an ultrasonic cleaner. Do you think that might do more harm than good?. I will try with the old head when I get it replaced.

MP Custom

I read somewhere to try a 48 hour head soak, then some cleanings. They said if that doesn't fix it, nothing will.
Thank you mate. I will try the 48 hour soak.. (boy.. that is a long soak) Have a few days of work to get through first. I will update, Just in case anyone else has the same issue

player

Thank you mate. I will try the 48 hour soak.. (boy.. that is a long soak) Have a few days of work to get through first. I will update, Just in case anyone else has the same issue
I remember reading some time ago ultrasonics are not good for the heads. I don't have first hand knowledge though.

MP Custom

Noted Mate. Cheers. Will not do on my only money maker!. Will be an experiment when new head fitted
PS. Thank you to everyone who gave advise.
So glad I found this Forum. I am 300kms from the closest Technician and all help is appreciated!

Joe House

I have an ultrasonic cleaner. Do you think that might do more harm than good?. I will try with the old head when I get it replaced.
1. Is your Ultrasonic cleaner compatible with solvents? I don't think most of them are. You don't want to ruin your machine trying to salvage a dead head.
2. I loved into ultrasonic cleaneda a while back and found the results to be inconsistent once you got past the manufacturer's advertising. But it's worth a try if your cleaner is compatible with the solvents.
Good luck