• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VS640i cyan over whole print

DJB

Hey every I'm new to the forum so not too sure about threads, I was a signmaker years ago and I'm just getting back into it and starting my own home based business.

I've purchased a used VS-640i a couple of months ago, ever since day dot its had an issue where cyan ink seems to makes it way all over the media (even where no ink should be printing around the perimeter of vector prints where it should be just media)

I've researched and researched and can't find any definitive answer to what the issue would be. I've done bi-directional calibration, head alignments, powerful cleans, head soaks, changed cap top, changed wiper/felt, changed all dampers and seems to only come out heavily the more I print. I've even made my own colour profiles to make sure it's just not over inking and to be honest, I'm not too sure what the issue can be so I just tried everything I could think of or even what I thought it could possibly be. This has been happening since I bought it but when I have now just done a print test I'm getting magenta/cyan in opposite nozzle tests.

I'm also running the newest version of Versaworks and create my vectors in Illustrator

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out. I've attached a reference image.

Thanks in advance.

Dale

Attachments

• example 1.jpg
    example 1.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 161
  • example 2.jpg
    example 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
  • example 3.jpg
    example 3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 125
  • example 4.jpg
    example 4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:

DJB

Yes because I had to get a decent photo that you can see it as the lighting where I am is shocking. But to also reiterate in the cheeks you can clearly see cyan ink where there shouldn't be cyan also (on example 2)