• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Wiper Not Functioning

Alysson

Hey guys,

Our shop has a Roland SG-540. The last few months we have been having some really terrible stipes across our prints(please see photo of the worst instance). We know very little on the maintenance and of the machine. We have found the only way to combat this issue is to do a manual cleaning of the print heads before every print. Even this does not work entirely as during some of our prints the stripes will start again.

I have tried to figure out what the issue is and all that I can think of is that the wiper is not functioning. When printing the wiper is in a down mode in the cleaning tray. The only time I see it come up is when we do the manual cleaning.

Can someone please help us understand if this is our issue or if it something else. Thanks!

Attachments

• Resized_20190910_163955_661001.jpeg
    Resized_20190910_163955_661001.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 185

Stormyj

Just another guy
Can you also post a nozzle test print? That could be caused by an number of things. Thx

Joe House

The wiper normally sits down in the wiper cleaning fluid. If it comes up when you're doing the manual cleaning then it's working. (As a tech, I'm glad to see that you are doing the manual cleaning). If you press normal cleaning, towards the end of the process, it should come up and wipe both heads, one at a time - watch for that. How old is the printer? Have you ever replaced the wiper? That should probably happen every 6 to 12 months. Also, more likely the cause in my opinion, when were the cap tops last changed (if ever?) again, that should be on a 6 to 12 month routine.
As Stormy said, post a picture of the nozzle test print from right after the banding is happening. I'm sure it's not very pretty at this point.

Good Luck