• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland XC-540 color settings

Fooroogelm

Right now, we are setting up the Roland XC-540 that we bought. The question is about color settings - are there any descriptions with sample pictures in the Internet - in which cases which ones must be use? Software - VersaWorks 2.2

The problem is that in all Color Management modes - increased color saturation + strong color-distorting shade of Magenta.

What could be the reason?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Kable

Right now, we are setting up the Roland XC-540 that we bought. The question is about color settings - are there any descriptions with sample pictures in the Internet - in which cases which ones must be use? Software - VersaWorks 2.2

The problem is that in all Color Management modes - increased color saturation + strong color-distorting shade of Magenta.

What could be the reason?
Thank you in advance!

I’m also setting up a Roland XC-540 as well. Magenta is spot on. A bit of an issue with greats but I also am having an issue with light cyan which I am attributing to this issue possibly.

As far as your your color distortion, which rip are you currently using?

Design program? Are you designing in RGB or CMYK?

I find that the correct profiles for each media is paramount with this machine for certain colors.
I may try my hand and creating custom icc profiles once I get this thing dialed in.

I have not found any descriptions on color for this machine, just statements specifying to use the Roland spot colors or pantones.

Fooroogelm

Hello,

The problem of purple color has disappeared by itself.
We use VersaWorks Photoshop and Corel Draw - and print from TIFF files.
We use mainly RGB. The strong difference between CMYK and RGB was not noticed.

Any old hardware - it's like a "house with ghosts" - can always happen any surprises. :)

We are currently looking for suppliers of spare parts and paints - in order to achieve a competitive price for our products.

It would be very interesting to hear from you something new on the "taming" of Roland.

Thank you in advance!