• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help ROLAND XC-540 DAMPER NOT REFILLING

Signturesigns

Hi
Can someone help me with the next steps to trouble shoot my cyan damper not refilling. I just replaced the cyan with a brand new one because the old one wasnt refilling so I thought maybe it needed to be replaced.

I am getting a nozzle check of 1 column firing clean and clear but the other column NOTHING. Maybe I have a clog? but Ive never tried to clean a clog manually... but i do have cleaning solutioin and a syringe how do you flush? or should i try something else. photo attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 5.20.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 5.20.26 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 477

FrankW

Try to pull ink with the syringe from the tube of the cap top (disconnect it from the pump, connect the syringe to the open end). If you have high resistance when trying that, it could be that the tube of the cap top is clogged, and needs replacement. If it pull too easy, it could be that you pull air somewhere. In this case, at first I would replace the cap top too. But could be too that there is some air leakage at the head or damper too. Unfortunately, the tip where the damper is connected too likes to break (then you need to replace the head manifold), but it could be one of the seals too. A short time ago, I had a cut at the tube which leads to pulled air too.

At first check your ink cartridge. Some of the non-original ink cartridges for that printer doesn`t report correctly if they are empty.

Signturesigns

Try to pull ink with the syringe from the tube of the cap top (disconnect it from the pump, connect the syringe to the open end). If you have high resistance when trying that, it could be that the tube of the cap top is clogged, and needs replacement. If it pull too easy, it could be that you pull air somewhere. In this case, at first I would replace the cap top too. But could be too that there is some air leakage at the head or damper too. Unfortunately, the tip where the damper is connected too likes to break (then you need to replace the head manifold), but it could be one of the seals too. A short time ago, I had a cut at the tube which leads to pulled air too.

At first check your ink cartridge. Some of the non-original ink cartridges for that printer doesn`t report correctly if they are empty.
Hey Frank - would you mind if I call you; we're doing this and just had a couple questions that is a little hard to put into words. Whats your number?