• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 Serious Head problem?!? Never seen this before

servicemanager

I can't even find this problem listed anywhere on the web. We just typically use our printer for making stickers to put on resale vehicles.
Everything was working good last Friday but now we turned it on monday and this test print shot out.
Shutting everything off I can unplug the left bank of this head and the other half prints fine. So just half the head is firing whenever it wants apparently.
The odd part is the weird scratch lines happen on the first pass. It doesn't do it when it moves over and runs the second set.

Here is what I tried - multiple cleanings, cable swaps, damper swaps.

It's getting ink - it's just printing when it's not suppose to.

Attachments

• Print Problem.jpg
    Print Problem.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,572

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you did the cable swap did the problem move or stay in the same channel? If it moved, you most likely have a bad cable or the main board is fried. If the issue stayed in the same place, your head is most likely dead.

servicemanager

Here is another copy

As you can see - if I turned the printer completely off and unplug the half side of the head - it prints fine with no problems with ink across the paper.

Attachments

• Print Problem 2.jpg
    Print Problem 2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 493

servicemanager

When you did the cable swap did the problem move or stay in the same channel? If it moved, you most likely have a bad cable or the main board is fried. If the issue stayed in the same place, your head is most likely dead.

Well - we thought about doing that after we unplugged the cable and found the half head causing the problem. When we tried swapping the cables last night it popped the f2 fuse. We figured this had something to do with the ranking history and programming. Replaced the fuse and going to round 8 with this thing.
Just got done completely cleaning everything.
I am just wondering if half the head went screwy. The other half prints perfect!.

servicemanager

I will

give another check to the cable here in a few minutes.
Pretty straight forward i would think. I installed the new cable......plugged in and pulled back out several times to check wire marks.

servicemanager

checked cables

Nothing seems to be wrong with the cables.
HA - we just unhooked the cable that was causing the problem and did a test print with one of our logos.
Printed fine.......
If you can run it without a cable hooked up then we will probably just leave it that way for awhile.
We don't print any customer paying graphics. We just print different size logos from our company and stick them to trucks and trailers going out.

So just that color won't be as sharp i take it.
Most of our colors are black and yellow. Very little red.

MadStyle

Had this problem recently, It was Just a loose Magenta Printer ribbon cable, re-seated it and problem went away.