• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 skewing

material stays straight but the print is skewing as it prints. its moving to the left, after 7 straight prints before it. Nothing has changed. :banghead: Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks!

rjssigns

A) Is the leading edge perpendicular to the edge?
B) Have you been using the sheet cut feature assuming you will get a square cut?
C) What is your loading procedure? When loading I hold the media with one hand while finding "center" by putting tension on the leading edge.
D) Do you have witness marks on platen to observe skew during a job?

I will bet you a box of your favorite donuts your media's leading edge is crooked. After successive prints my wife couldn't figure out why the cutter ate a run of decals. She said: "But I use the sheet cut every time". After removing the media I found her machine cut edge to be 9/16" out. She would realign that cut edge to the dividing line between platens. This created a stacking of tolerance issue.

Def. the encoder strip. We have had that problem with our XC-540 and wiped it down with a clean lint free rag and alcohol. Do it in maintenance mode so the carriage moves away from the capping position and wipe in both directions so you don't get build up where you stop wiping at.