• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland XC-540 Wrong Ink Cartridge

Signturesigns

I keep getting this alert on the screen that says wrong ink cartridge when I put the new ones in. I am using 20/20 Color Roland 22 Series Ink purchased from grimco.com
I have always used this type of ink so I dont know what is causing this.

I should also add. Right now the printer is asking us to "set the inks" so its now calibrating and when we insert the inks and take them back out it then says wrong ink cartridge. is there a way around this?

Joe House

If it's worked with these inks before, you probably have a bad chip on the cartridge. I'd ask Grimco for a replacement cartridge. If this is your first time with these inks, then they may not have the chips figured out yet. As a test to make sure it's not the chip readers on the printer, I'd try a Roland cartridge in there.

Good Luck

Signturesigns

If it's worked with these inks before, you probably have a bad chip on the cartridge. I'd ask Grimco for a replacement cartridge. If this is your first time with these inks, then they may not have the chips figured out yet. As a test to make sure it's not the chip readers on the printer, I'd try a Roland cartridge in there.

Good Luck
Thanks Joe . - I called Grimco and they are sending replacements - I think you're right must be the chip

Also, do you know if there is anyway to get around having the printer dump my inks? When I turn on the printer it asks me to "set ink type" when I select the option that its a CMYKLCLM inks it then asks me to confirm drain bottle is in place - when I select enter it one by one goes thru each ink color and begins draining the ink into the drain bottle. When I shut off the machine from the back and turn back on it takes me right back to the same screen (to select ink type) even if I do a soft power down when i power down the machine automatically powers back on and take me thru this process again. I keep dumping ink!

The printer wont even allow me to go into service mode. No clue what its doing but it will not allow me to move forward without allowing it to go thru this process of draining each ink cartridge.

Technician

Drive it hard
If you don’t have any options you can try to disconnect the pump motor and it will think it pumping and you can let it make the progress.

C5 Service&Repair

You must've done a pump up at some point, which erases which ink was in the printers memory. So, the printer is attempting to install new inks, as if it were new.
Go into service mode and select the ink type you had previously, as long as there is still ink in the lines and no air bubbles.