• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland xc 540mt error code 0135

Bonandre

Hello all, this is my first post here and to be honest I didn't even know this forum existed. It seems that agony and despair makes you search and find things. Anyway I am glad I found this forum.

I am facing the problem that you will read below, as in my frustration due to the fact it's weekend and I can't reach my dealer, I first posted it in Roland's Facebook page.

Message as posted on FB
"I own a roland xc 540mt. Today, while it was performing auto cleaning it suddenly gave an error code 0135 and it was extremely hot under the top cover, where the platen is. I am a bit worried because it is weekend and I can't reach our dealer. I have now unplugged it due to the overheat and I am also concerned about the print heads. Any suggestions please?"

thank you you vey much in advance,

Andreas

Desert_Signs

Tech manual says:

Heater is unusually hot.
Print Heater temperature
has reached 60°C and
above.

Print Heater Cable connection has a problem. Check Print Heater
Thermostat has a problem (not working). Check Thermostat
Thermistor has a problem. Check Thermistor

You can read the service manual here:

http://www.signs101.com/content/xc540e.pdf I know you have the MT, but a lot of it should be the same.

Desert_Signs

Also, to add, if you can't get it figured out, make sure your heads are capped!! If it won't do it automatically, you can use the tool to manually raise the caps.

Bonandre

Also, to add, if you can't get it figured out, make sure your heads are capped!! If it won't do it automatically, you can use the tool to manually raise the caps.

Thank you very much Desert_Signs for your reply. It has done it automatically but I was worried for the heads due to the high temperature it reached. The truth is, one head needs replacement and a technician is about to come during the next week to replace it but now that this happened I'm really scared that it can be a symptom of a bigger problem.
One more question if you may , is it safe I completely unplugged it?

Desert_Signs

Thank you very much Desert_Signs for your reply. It has done it automatically but I was worried for the heads due to the high temperature it reached. The truth is, one head needs replacement and a technician is about to come during the next week to replace it but now that this happened I'm really scared that it can be a symptom of a bigger problem.
One more question if you may , is it safe I completely unplugged it?

I'm not a Roland expert. I just read the manual. But, IMO, it should be OK for a few days unplugged as long as the heads are capped.

Bonandre

I'm not a Roland expert. I just read the manual. But, IMO, it should be OK for a few days unplugged as long as the heads are capped.

Not much I can do then, just patience till the technician arrives. I'll let you know as soon as I have news. Thank you very much again.