• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland XC540MT [CMYKWMt] to [CMYKlclm]

sp00k1e

Does anybody had experience to change ink configuration Roland XC540MT from [CMYKWMt] to [CMYKlclm]?

Maybe instruction or advice... =)

Hey sp00kle,

Roland does not support this conversion because the ink system is permanently stained with white and metallic inks. So if you move to light cyan and light magenta, you're not going to get those colors. Light cyan will be contaminated with white and light magenta will be contaminated with metallic, so the print results will be less desirable.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

sp00k1e

ink system is permanently stained with white and metallic inks

It's not a problem because we plan to fill up cleaning solution to ink tubes and wash it. After that we plan to replace two print heads white and metallic. We did similar procedure with our VS640. We changed ink configuration from CMYKlclWtMt to MYCKKCYM, everything fine. It still printing =)

So, as I wrote before, problem with ink tube isn't a problem at all. Maybe somebody know does the XC540MT have a tech ability to change color model from [CMYKWMt] to [CMYKlclm]?

And also, I can't find service notes for XC540MT. Maybe somebody have it. Please share contr.sp@gmail.com

sp00k1e

It was hard, but we done that. And now our XC540MT with 10 ink cartridges work like regular XC540 with 12 ink cartridges. If somebody interest I can't share my experience.

sp00k1e

Please share

In brief, we reset the printer and set it up as the XC540. Further, we encountered a problem that the XC540MT has 10 cartridges and the XC540 firmware requires 12. But the luck is that the boards to which the cartridges are connected have the same printers. And we just shunted the connectors.