• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland xf 640 New printhead?

printing238

Having problems with my roland xf 640, im guessing i need a new printhead
its the left head and wiped the head and a 60sec later it looks like this.
the print is failing on the head as well
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150217_080814.jpg
    20150217_080814.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 408

Jack Knight1979

Are you using OEM cartridge ink? If you're using bulk the pressure could be set too high. How is the nozzle test and printing? Are you just getting drips, or are you experiencing ghosting and drop out in the prints as well?

printing238

Are you using OEM cartridge ink? If you're using bulk the pressure could be set too high. How is the nozzle test and printing? Are you just getting drips, or are you experiencing ghosting and drop out in the prints as well?

using Bulk ink and have been for 15months and its only yellow on one print head that is failing
nozzle test some times has all working but slowly getting worse.
changed all the dampers

printing238

the ink running through the head was from cheap dampers, the valves in them dont shut off, so by the genuine dampers.
But now after getting ink on the head from the dampers leaking, i have a temp to low -5c on the print head and now head wont print.