• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Xf-640 Printing Issue

I have an xf-640and recently when I print it will make little collorfull lines. It is not there all the time and on any material. It is not in the image or rip i have tried saving in multiple format and reprinting the same image twice and those lines will appear in different places

Attachments

• IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 314
Hey Vincent,

LFC911 is on the right track, the issue is likely related to the encoder scale and sensor. Since cleaning it did not work, it's time to contact your authorized Roland dealer to discuss inspection of the printer. They will take care of you.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Hey Vincent,

LFC911 is on the right track, the issue is likely related to the encoder scale and sensor. Since cleaning it did not work, it's time to contact your authorized Roland dealer to discuss inspection of the printer. They will take care of you.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Hey Vincent,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Hi

I did get the technicien to come here the first visit over 200$ to tell me it was static, Problems kept going them he came and said it was the cable card another 700$ still doing it. his last answer was I dont know

Now I have to replace the encoder strip to try.

This printer has been the worst we have ever own we do not get quality print. Roland has replaced our printer last year for a new one and still not a quality printer. Verry disapointed in roland.

Ragnabrok

Does look like the encoder scale, though usually the lines are more consistent, going from the bottom to the top. Static can cause the heads to fire, but it's usually a trail off the side, like spray paint. The long cables from the carriage board back to the head board can cause this if they aren't aligned with each other, or are rubbing against eachother generating static and firing the heads. Other loose parts like the ink lines bumping into or rubbing agains internal parts can cause this too.

Also, the print itself look kinda gritty, is it a low quality jpeg? seems like there is alignment issues on the heads, or it's printing at high head height.

We have changed the 4 long cable and did not work we will change the encoder strip to see

For the quality I believe it is simply not a quality printer has soon has you put more speed there is banding, color in inconsistent. We have used many different files over the last year and we and the resseller has done many head alignement and still nothing. The resseller has blamed the humidity, the computer, the network, the vinyl.

We have tried connecting directly, installed a humidifier, changed computer and I dont think avery and 3m make bad materials.

Ragnabrok

Not all techs are created equally, do you have options for another vendor? Nobody in my area has an XF, but any time an XR had an issue, there is a reason.