• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland XF-640 service call 0340

Adam_G_

Hi everyone, I have problem with setup media on Xf-640. I get service call 0340. I try clean optical sensor on carriage, but maybe this is linked with magnetic sensor and magnes behind carriage. Someone have service manual for this machine or solution how fix this error? Thanks and regards.

Joe House

This error is for the magnetic Media clamp sensor. This is behind the sheet cut mechanism. There should be a magnet on the rail that is used to check whether the sensor works or not - make sure it's in the correct place. Check the wire from the sensor to the print carriage board - it connects to CN4 along with the head Up/Down sensor. If all this checks out, then you likely need a new sensor.

Good Luck

Adam_G_

Thanks Joe, but on my case fault is from optical sensor near magnetic sensor. When i put black tape on stainel stell case for sponge left on captops, roland normal check media without error.This is noise from light becouse i try fix it without enclosure. When I put everythin on place machine work without faults.Prosaic accident.