• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Xf-640 Vs. Mimaki Vj150-160 Vs. Mutoh 1624

fakadak

Hi guys, I'm new here, actually new in all this printers stuff. Situation appeared that I'm starting my own bussines. Found some local distributors (Roland, Mimaki, HP, Mutoh), but can't make decision which one would be the smartest option. At this time I've got some offers:

Roland RF - 640 (demo) printed about 4000m2 - 13000*euro (+ two sets of dyes)
Mimaki VJ150-160 (new) - 12800* euro (without bulk ink system)
Mutoh 1624 (new) - 12500*euro (only original inks)

*all prices without VAT.

I know you guys are really experienced and can certainly advise which equipment would be technically best option and worth its price.

THANKS!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They all use the same print head, the inks all have the same durability and quality, they are all the same speed, all 3 brands are well established and high quality, and they all print 64" wide. The Mutoh and Mimaki will come with a take up reel standard. The most important thing to consider is, which brand is better represented in your area. How quickly can a tech get out there if you need a repair? Are inks in stock near by? I would recommend the Mimaki as far as my opinion goes. The main reason is the replacement parts are much cheaper and the maintenance station in particular is well designed to be simple and easy to repair.

Notice how the Roland is more expensive even though it is used? Don't be fooled. It's the same machine as the others. Roland's pricing includes brand perception which as we all know doesn't actually add any value to the machine.

fakadak

That was one of my biggest questions why Roland is more expensive than others (new price is +4000euros.)

Actually all offers the same service (tech, inks, instuction).
Cheapest inks offers Roland, a little bit more expensive Mimaki, expensive Mutoh.

Are they really use the same print heads? Doesn't Mimaki use DX-5?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That was one of my biggest questions why Roland is more expensive than others (new price is +4000euros.)

Actually all offers the same service (tech, inks, instuction).
Cheapest inks offers Roland, a little bit more expensive Mimaki, expensive Mutoh.

Are they really use the same print heads? Doesn't Mimaki use DX-5?

At one point all of these brands used DX5 heads. All of the models you mentioned are DX7 for sure though.