• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XJ-740 LmLc head not firing after maintenance

Ultimate13

HI All,

We just changed dampers, caps and pumps and now the light magenta and light cyan heads are not firing... Any ideas or assistance would be great!

Attachments

• 20171128_152427.jpg
    20171128_152427.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 147

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Any time a complete group stops firing out of the blue on those machines, especially after maintenance, a fuse blew on the head board. The good news is it's fixable without having to buy a whole new head board. Before you get it repaired though make sure you check all of the cables that go to the head and make sure they are not damaged or partially plugged in. You want to find the reason the fuse blew in the first place. It could be as simple as you bumped the head cable slightly when changing dampers and that would do it.

devontug

What cause it to stop working u have blown fuse and possibly blown transistors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultimate13

Any time a complete group stops firing out of the blue on those machines, especially after maintenance, a fuse blew on the head board. The good news is it's fixable without having to buy a whole new head board. Before you get it repaired though make sure you check all of the cables that go to the head and make sure they are not damaged or partially plugged in. You want to find the reason the fuse blew in the first place. It could be as simple as you bumped the head cable slightly when changing dampers and that would do it.

When looking at the test print, there are a few nozzle fires but that's all. Is that still consistent with a blown fuse?

Joe House

In my experience, when the fuse blows, the heads will not fire at all. It looks like you may have broken the manifold when changing the dampers.

Ultimate13

Thank you for all the responses, we checked the fuse and it was still good, then moved onto easier parts and changed out the brand new caps with 2 other new ones and it now works. I am assuming that one of the caps was bad or had a leak in it. So glad to have that fixed and behind us...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just for the future: If a print head stops printing out of the blue and don't even fire one nozzle it's almost always a bad fuse. If you get even 1 nozzle firing, it can't be the fuse. If a print head slowly stops printing over time, it's usually an ink flow issue.