• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XJ-740 won't sense Right Edge of Material

GOUGEaway

Hey all, I have two issues with my Soljet XJ-740.

Issue 1
First is that the material sensor will not sense the right edge of the material. The Roland XJ-740 will no longer sense the RIGHT edge of the media. It constantly picks the exact same position on the RIGHT side no matter where I put the media on the platen. The printers is still able to sense the LEFT EDGE of the media just fine. No matter where I put the media it always picks up the LEFT EDGE but never the RIGHT EDGE.

It can't be the sensor since the it is clearly sensing one edge. Any ideas?

Issue 2
Second is that when I run the heads at 1000 scan speed (full speed) I get drop out in the magenta. If I slow the scan speed down to 750 (75% speed) or less, the drop-out clears up. At first I thought this was a damper issue, but damper replacement did not solve the issue. Is it possible the head is bad? Or should I try new dampers?

edit: Forgot to mention I am using Roland OEM inks, Eco-Sol Max.

bilge

1. I think the media sensor has 2 eyes. You can easily see it at the service/cleaning position. If not just use a small mirror underneath and clean it with cleaning solution (printhead cleaner)

2. Make sure the printhead is clean enough. Never run at full speed. If you already changed a damper, no need to change again. If damper placed firmly it lasts at least
two years. Maybe your printhead life is ending if you used more than 2 years or 20K sq.meters whichever comes first (sounds like car manual:))