• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XR-640 Error Code Issues

stickygraphics12

I have been having error codes 0102(Head Lock Sensor) and 0103(Limit Sensor) being thrown on my XR randomly for years now. Last week I turned off the main power, turned back on, and all over again I am getting these error codes. Sometimes I can turn the machine off, pull the plug, and it works fine after that. This time it wouldn't reset, so now the errors just keep on coming. I am unable to do anything as the codes are thrown before the printer can do anything. I have replaced the limit sensor and it still threw the 0103 code. I am at a loss as I have no idea what else to do...has anyone ever had this problem and been able to fix it.

Notes: I have gone into service mode and tried the limit initialize, throws code right away
I have gone into service mode and tried the linear encoder calibrations as well and it throws the code right away as well...

Dominick

I have been having error codes 0102(Head Lock Sensor) and 0103(Limit Sensor) being thrown on my XR randomly for years now. Last week I turned off the main power, turned back on, and all over again I am getting these error codes. Sometimes I can turn the machine off, pull the plug, and it works fine after that. This time it wouldn't reset, so now the errors just keep on coming. I am unable to do anything as the codes are thrown before the printer can do anything. I have replaced the limit sensor and it still threw the 0103 code. I am at a loss as I have no idea what else to do...has anyone ever had this problem and been able to fix it.

Notes: I have gone into service mode and tried the limit initialize, throws code right away
I have gone into service mode and tried the linear encoder calibrations as well and it throws the code right away as well...

Check the Scan motor and the scan motor gears. Clean the gears really good and apply grease to them.

CarNate69

It's probably something with the scan motor. The scan motor is what initiates the movement of the head, and the head is the first thing that moves when you turn on the machine, if the code is getting thrown that soon, the scan motor is throwing the error. Try to replace it, or see if the gearing is somehow messed up (the gear is only plastic I think). The motor is not that hard to replace, not sure about the gear, but I would start with the motor.